Sunday, February 28, 2010

Oh, The Rain....

Why oh why did it have to rain sooo hard the one morning we really wanted sunshine? Hailey has been in her Webby dance class for the past few months now, and all the girls have really been looking forward to walking in the TC parade. We knew the forecast was rain, but we were hoping it would hold off until the afternoon.

It had been such a nice week. Earlier in the week Hailey and I painted our nails, and since Emma's such a big girl now we painted her nails for the first time, too. I let Hailey do all the painting, and she did surprisingly well. What surprised me even more is that Emma held still while Hailey did the painting...
Hailey was a good sport and let Emma try to paint her nails too, but really Emma just wanted to eat the nail polish, so we ended that quickly....
So back to the rain! Hailey's class has been practicing their routine since before Christmas. They told us if the forecast was bad on Friday evening, they would just call us to cancel, but they never did. I looked at the weather report, and it clearly predicted showers in the early morning, but since no one cancelled John took Hailey over to meet the girls. I stayed back with Emma to get her ready and get a spot along the parade route to sit.
As the parade started, it was barely sprinkling. We thought, "No big deal." But it seemed that with every minute that passed it rained harder and harder. The full parade walk probably took the girls about 40 minutes, and by the time they got to where I was sitting about halfway down, it was pouring. I don't think this picture even does justice to how soaked they all were. I was so proud of my little girl out there in the rain. They didn't end up doing the dance, but they walked the entire parade route...and they were given a chance to just stop halfway through, but they finished.
She's the one with the red raincoat over her head. And there's daddy right next to her...


My mom said she'd watch Emma, so I decided to jump out there and walk the rest of the way with them. When I started walking, all of the coaches couldn't stop gushing over how wonderful John is. He ran to the store to get the blue rain covers for them, he went off to grab a wagon to put the radio in, and he got the girls all pumped up and in good spirits for their very long walk in the rain. Seriously, they all thought he was the greatest thing ever.....and while I acted a little surprised, I totally wasn't. He's an awesome daddy. And Hailey loved it...She kept saying "Everyone loved daddy." And as soon as they got home, daddy hopped in the shower, and Hailey hopped into a nice warm bath, with apple juice and Cheetos delivered to her while she thawed out...




And this is what else Hailey's been up to this week....lots of this! She has her recital on Thursday!





1 comment:

Brooke Morgan said...

Awesome...I saw the rain and I can't believe they walked in it!

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones