Saturday, February 20, 2010

Normal Days and Lemonade...

So lately I've become a bit of a blog stalker. Not all blogs, but a few really good ones that I look forward to reading as I sit with my morning coffee...okay, okay, Diet Pepsi. Ones with great photographers documenting sweet moments, first scrapes, cookie baking...the things that make each family's story unique. And while reading one of those blogs today, I came across this quote:

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may. For it may not always be so. One day, I shall bury my face in a pillow or raise my hand to the sky and want, more than anything, your return."

....And it moved me.

It made me remember that I'm living some of my most memorably normal days right now. I have a healthy family, two beautiful little girls, a husband I adore...and who affords me the opportunity to be home with my girls most of the time. And though that may not always be something we can do, I cherish these days....the first steps, the piano lessons, the dancing and giggling, and the endless picture taking my family puts up with. These are my normal days, and I love them.

I've mentioned more than once that I'm not the best at writing in babybooks or documenting all the precious firsts that childhood brings, so this blog may be the biggest chunk of what my girls look back on to remember and reminisce. So I want to fill it with all the little things that make our family "us."

All this to say, there may be some very boring posts coming in the future. I'd like to try to find an interesting way to show the "normal," but some posts might be a complete miss. So you've been warned:) Now onto the post...

John has school on Friday nights, so we usually don't see much of him that day. He often goes straight from work to school, so we've officially name Fridays "Girl's Day." It makes it easier for Hailey, and she always gets to pick what we have for dinner that day, which 90% of the time means Mac n Cheese...Score for me on the cooking:) Then she gets to pick one fun thing that we do that day, like watching a movie or painting our nails or picking out a million games that she wants to play.

So this week she picked making lemonade. We had noticed over the weekend that the lemons were just starting to turn yellow, and she was anxious to make our first batch. She even wanted Emma to help, so we did the best we could to get a one-year old's attention long enough to help just a little...She was really just more interested in throwing lemons on the ground though:)




And then John surprised us and came home for a little while before rushing off to school. Hailey was so excited to pour daddy a glass of lemonade.
I couldn't get Emma to look at the camera for anything...and I didn't even notice her in this picture until I went to edit it. Wish I would have backed up another foot and gotten her in the picture, too.
This was, of course, the first expression I got from them when I tried to take a picture:)





1 comment:

Brooke Morgan said...

what a great idea...i want you to teach me how to take pictures. they are amazing. i will see you this week!

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones